Monday, June 30, 2008

Hands On, Week 23

Honestly when I saw this theme in my notebook I could not remember at all why i picked it. But I think it's going to turn out pretty interesting. Maybe it's because i work in a place where people build things every single day and I just wanted to give my self an easy week. In this "age of technology" (I really hate that phrase... wasn't it always an age of technology? even with the wheel? hasn't the technology simply changed over time?? But I digress...), perhaps it is becoming more and more rare to really dig in and get our hands dirty. But we do on a daily basis, we might just not think about it. Cooking? Doodling? Taking care of animals? Taking care of our family? Where is it that we really have that touch connection with things beyond the keyboard and the cell phone? I wish I could sew cuz THAT would be an intimate relationship I could really make last. :P

-Lauren

2 comments:

AB said...

Apparantely the 5 year old in me came out while reading your blurb because when you listed things we do with our hands I was waiting for you to say, "pick your nose" or something of the sorts. Ha. I need to hang out with kids less.

Lauren said...

at least you weren't thinking: Masterbate. Cuz thats where my mind thought you were going...