Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Technology, Week 24

SO....basically it rules our lives. (or maybe just mine, and the generation of my peers, but still, we're the future right?) Anyways, it's true, you know it and I know it. Some resist it, and think it is making our children grow up too fast, making us more individualistic, and even more disconnected with eachother and the world around us. I tend to agree on some of those issues, but not with anger or resentment, mainly with wonder. How is that we created this world of tech, where information is completely passed invisibly through the world around us? If you ask me, it's totally crazy. One of the wonders of the world. It enables us to pass information to eachother instantly and connect in ways that were completely unthinkable one hundred years ago. And really, thank you baby jesus for all those nerdy scientists in the 70s who develope the internet and cell phones and all the other gadgets, cause if I weren't able to text back and forth with maris about phish food icecream and sleepovers, I really don't know if I would have been able to stay awake on my commute to work today.

-Claire

No comments: