Monday, March 24, 2008

Youth, Week 11

I love kid things. I love kid slang: Puppy guarding, tag backs, hot lava monster, SYKE!, why why why why. I love playgrounds and making up random pretend games and superstitions like not stepping on the cracks and wishing on stars. I love the kind of wonderment that kids have about everything. I try to hold onto that as much as I can. I think it makes people better writers if they are always looking at the world with fresh eyes. So this week our camera's will be our fresh eyes. Exploring the vibrance of life and what youthful things we see on the daily, without being the creepy stalker lady who takes pictures of strangers' kids. Here we go...

-Lauren

2 comments:

Billy said...

it's funny how kids avoiding cracks are cute but adults avoiding cracks are crazy or obsessive compulsive. i still find myself playing games like avoiding cracks or only stepping on certain color tiles or making sure i only step on complete concrete squares and avoid partial ones. it happens without thinking and then when i realize what i'm doing, i feel like i must be crazy. if only i were twenty years younger so i'd be cute instead of crazy

Lauren said...

oh i dont step on the cracks CONSTANTLY. and although i might be a little crazy, i prefer to think of it as endearing. :)